Coaching Certification Program
The WKI Certified Coach Program empowers individuals to coach and guide science and technology scientists, engineers, researchers and entrepreneurs to use the So what? who cares? why you?® methodology and tools to develop the business value proposition for their ideas, concepts and projects.
Who’s it For?
The program is geared to individuals such as advisors and counsellors who work with early-stage science/technology scientists, researchers and entrepreneurs. It provides the skills, knowledge and suite of coaching support resources required to apply WKI’s So what? who cares? why you?® methodology and tools to coach innovators to discover the business value of their ideas.
Certified Coaches work in settings such as:
- Incubation Centers
- Corporate Innovation
- Research Labs
- Economic Development Offices
- Startup Accelerators
- Technology Commercialization Offices
- SBIR and SBTDC Advisors
Expert Training & Certification in Two Steps
The Certified Coach Program gives you comprehensive hands-on training and practice, a rich suite of support materials, and ongoing support through our monthly coaching teleconference.
Certified Coaches receive two days of intensive, hands-on training, a full suite of coaching resources, and preferred pricing on So what? who cares? why you?® client products.
Once you’re certified, a Certified Coach Starter Kit with a foundation set of coaching and client materials is also available to jumpstart your program.
Step 1: Two-Day Certification Training Program
Certification begins with the two-day intensive certification workshop led by Wendy Kennedy, Founder of WKI.
- Two days of in-person, interactive training on the So what? who cares? why you? methodology and tools.
- Learn how to use idea scoping and opportunity validation tools to coach your clients.
- Step by step instruction to run the WKI Pre-Incubation Program, including how to launch and market your own branded Pre-Incubation Program using the So what? who cares? why you? methodology.
- Learn to use the supporting coaching materials and resources – Certified Coach Playbook, Toolkit Reference Guide, Client Worksheet Workbooks and private online Coaches’ Resource Library – to extend the value of your program execution.
- Complete the program ready to launch coaching programs using the WKI methodology and tools.
View the certification training agenda here.
We host public certification programs throughout the year as well as private onsite certifications for groups of more than 10.
Step 2: Activate Your Coaching Certification License
After successful completion of the certification training, you are eligible to become a WKI Certified Coach. Certified Coaches with an active user license receive:
- WKI Certified Coach PlayBook offering step by step guidance to launch high impact programs in your community
- WKI Certified Coach Toolkit Reference Guide – your quick start guide when working with clients using So what? who cares? why you? methodology
- Participation in monthly coaching tele-conference calls
- Access to the coaches’ online resource library for materials, tool tips and coaching templates
- Preferred pricing on WKI toolkits, workbooks, and coaching aids.