Many research labs today are being challenged to generate revenue and to identify and accelerate IP that has business value to industry partners. This requires a shift in thinking for many and it’s often a mindset that doesn’t come naturally to people working in a research-centered organization.
Equip Your Innovators to Engage with Industry Partners
The WKI commercialization platform provides a proven system to help scientists, researchers and the organizations that support them to become market focused. Our methodology and tools are proven to transform rich science and technology into the value propositions that industry partners understand. With WKI you can:
- Prepare your institution to have productive conversations with industry partners
- Equip scientists and researchers to frame their IP in terms of the business value proposition it offers
- Create an industry focused approach to research activities and more readily identify market-ready innovations in your lab
- Reduce the time required to uncover the business value of innovative science and technology
Prepare Inventors to Present Value
For more than five years, WKI has helped leading research and development organizations transform their commercialization ecosystems with an industry and market-focused mindset. Our simple, powerful tools and So what? who cares? why you?® methodology are used by more than 10,000 researchers, scientists and engineers to transform complex ideas into value propositions that resonate with industry partners. In turn, they become more prepared and confident to present their ideas to business people.
The Innovator’s Toolkit
Based on the ground-breaking So what? who cares? why you?® methodology, WKI offers commercialization toolkits to fit the needs of your innovators. Each toolkit is designed for distribution throughout the institution and to foster a common process and language for commercialization. These toolkits are available in print form and as a web-hosted online platform:
- Opportunity Scoping Toolkit − includes of six tools to quickly frame the commercial opportunity for a scientific or technical idea, project or concept. This toolkit enables researchers, scientists and engineers to frame the business value of an idea in a matter of hours. It’s designed to be used as a business lab journal in the early stages of the opportunity discovery process.
- Opportunity Validation Toolkit − includes six models and analytics to move from opportunity scoping to the next level of analysis: quantifying and validating the size of the opportunity. This toolkit is ideal for use by managers, staff and interns who work with inventors on the quantitative analysis of an idea.
- Coaching Certification Program – empower your team to coach and collaborate with inventors to accelerate the commercialization process. To become certified in our methodology and tools, learn more.
With our powerful toolkits and coaching program, you can take actionable steps to transform the culture of your organization to become more industry focused.
Talk to us today about how our tools can help accelerate science and technology commercialization.